Moderator Control Panel ]

Hello from Yeovil, Somerset

If you’re new to the UK Detailers & Valeters Forum, please come and register, You will be joining the friendliest forum in the UK for professional valeters and detailing enthusiasts. Whether you run a valeting or detailing company or your a car care enthusiast UK Detailers & Valeters is the new home of car cleaning enthusiasts in the UK. www.detailingcars.co.uk

Hello from Yeovil, Somerset

Postby daz031178 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:05 pm

Hi everyone,

After years of owning many different cars (Mk3 series 1 RS Turbo, Skyline R32 GTS, BMW 330i M Sport and JCW Mini Cooper s) and quite a few motorbikes, current one being a 2011 Yamaha R1 YEC tuned mental machine I've just bought a 2007 Seat Leon FR+ 2.0tfsi DSG in metallic black. It has been owned since new by a good friend who is a Seat mechanic and has some lovely mods - Revo Technik sps+ mapped to 280bhp, Miltek stainless cat back, coilovers dropped enough to just fill the arches with the lovely VW R32 alloy wheels. Quite a few other sensible mods too.

The body work is in good condition (light swirling and a few light surface marks). This is first car i've owned that i want to detail and protect properly. So my christmas present was a DAS6 PRO polisher and a snow foam lance. I've already got the following products - Maguires ultimate compound, Carlack Excellence Complete and a tin of Collinite 476s. Also have a fresh clay bar kit ready to go.

I could do with some advice on what pads to use on my DA and with what products, also any suggestions to if what products i already have are any good for my car or should i change anything - all help is greatly appreciated.

Once i've got the car into the condition i think is acceptable i will post up some photos of both the car and bike which will look hopefully as good as i think they will.

Any how over to you guys and a hello ;)

Darren
daz031178

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Just Joined? Introduce Yourself To Fellow UK Detailers & Valeters Forum Members