Moderator Control Panel ]

New Business Idea For Valeters

If your just starting up a valeting or detailing business, or your just looking for some fresh marketing ideas to bring more profit or attract more customers to your business, the Marketing Section is the place ask and discuss your ideas. Section sponsored by SEO Polaris Website Solutions, Affordable SEO Services That Rank Your Website Higher On Google. www.seopolariswebsitesolutions.co.uk

New Business Idea For Valeters

Postby executivevaletinguk » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:13 pm

Ok guys, Iv been toying With This idea for a few years. Iv never told it anyone until now As i am unsure if its a decent idea....
By the way iv been in valeting for over 8 years Have run my own car washes as well as managed for big companies.

Ok so, We all know the typical window cleaner round, guy comes round on a special day weekly or 2weekly washes your windows.
I was trying to incorporate this into car washing,
Obv i know cars are not typically stationary allot of the time, So i was thinking of the service running from 5pm onwards...
Basicly running like a window cleaner round, if someone is not at home move on and come back to them
Im thinking around £6 for a wash dry & tyre dress, which for 2 guys can be done in around 10 - 15 mins... so you're looking about £36 an hour minus your staff and products say your left with £24 a hour... do 4 hours a night we will say £80 incorporating travelling time to each car.

Would be working from the van with 1 or 2 1000l water tanks and a petrol jet wash

Does anyone think this is worth a bash...

I'm trying to find something to fit in my spare time to earn some extra cash, as im not into watching soaps and s***....

Any help would be appreciated guys cheers
Ash
executivevaletinguk

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: New Business Idea For Valeters

Postby DonKeegan » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:24 pm

If you used purified water you wouldn't have to dry the car since there would be no water marks.
DonKeegan

Postby Spic & Spanners Valeting » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:54 am

I think it would average out at more like 3 cars per hour after you take into account setting up, packing away, chatty customers and no shows.

So £18 per hour minus wages, chemicals, insurances, van running costs etc etc it would take you a very long time to break even after your set up costs. Also it would only take 1 large repair bill to make a months worth of work all for nothing..

Is the Juice worth the Squeeze?
Spic & Spanners Valeting
UKDNV Supporter

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby DonKeegan » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:55 pm

Spic & Spanners Valeting wrote:I think it would average out at more like 3 cars per hour after you take into account setting up, packing away, chatty customers and no shows.

So £18 per hour minus wages, chemicals, insurances, van running costs etc etc it would take you a very long time to break even after your set up costs. Also it would only take 1 large repair bill to make a months worth of work all for nothing..

Is the Juice worth the Squeeze?

I agree with that.
6 per car is way too cheap
DonKeegan

Postby icleananycar » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:01 pm

Quality not quantity. If you take your time and do a quality job then you can charge more and you spend less time rushing around. Why charge £6 when you can take £30 and spend an hour or so doing it? To be honest I couldn't/wouldn't do a job for £6. I know I would be into chamois and blade territory which I couldn't bring myself to do.
I really like cars and if you charge more it will bring you into contact with people who like their cars too. Makes the chit chat and the repeat custom easier.
Brighton Mobile Car Valeting and Detailing
icleananycar

Postby spandau-valet » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:04 pm

Ive seen a van round here with "fleet vehicle washing" plastered down the side of it that makes me think this ideas being done . How suscessful it is (if im right?) I don't know
http://www.spandauvalet.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Mobile Car valeting and cleaning Penzance st ives helston hayle truro cornwall

facebook spandau-valet

twitter spandauvalet
spandau-valet

Postby waterless » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:27 pm

goodish idear what about the winter mths cold,snow,wind,and of corse darker
waterless

Return to Marketing Your Car Valeting & Detailing Business