Moderator Control Panel ]

G3 valeting -Audi R8 Gtechniq protection detail.

Show off your valeting and detailing work. Sponsored by www.ceramicpaintprotection.co.uk

G3 valeting -Audi R8 Gtechniq protection detail.

Postby G3valeting » Sat May 11, 2013 10:21 pm

Bit of background info ...about 6 weeks ago i received a knock at the door from a new client regarding detailing his 6 month old discovery 4- which i booked in and subsequently detailed, the client in question was delighted with the outcome and said he was buying a sports car little did i know it would be this suzuka grey Audi R8. I went to view the car the day after it was acquired by the customer and had 2000 miles on the clock but it was covered in some moderate swirls which were many towards the back of the car and spoiled the look of the car, so after some discussion with the client it was agreed a full Exterior Gtechniq detail would be carried out to get her looking her best with some light correction .

Yesterdays weather was atrocious so the client opened up his stables and we were able to perform the detail inside including the wash stages.... although there were some problems more on this later have to apologise for the iphone pics as i left my camera at home doh!

The client had washed the car the evening previously so no before pics as it was raining and the car was clean..ish so it was foamed with Bilt hamber auto foam and left to dwell for a bit too long while i chatted to the client.

wheels were attended to with various brushes inc the Ez detail brush

Then onto the wash stage this was done with a Eurow washmit and Mitchell and Kings Spa quite possibly the best shampoo around imo fantastic product. 2bm naturally.

once that was done it was pat dried using cyc mega microfibre towels then onto the decontamination stage with Ironx cherry much better smell than the standard stuff still stinks though.Not alot on the car tbh.

then time for another foam and rinse..

[IMG]http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee493/g3valeting/null-
15.jpg[/IMG]

again dried with mf towels then clayed with bilt hamber fine auto clay. Washed /rinsed dried again.

due to hurricane gary outside and a distinct lack of anything even resembling sunshine in dorset showing swirls on this car was difficult even with the brinkmann so apologies.. but trust me they were there. you can just make out the swirls in the pics if you stand on one leg with your laptop tilted at 45 degrees :D then i started to tape up with the usual tape i use on the missus to keep her quiet ;) .. i mean on cars, 3m blue on the susceptible areas.

Next onto the polishing stage to try to rid the car of the swirls or at least minimise their appearance after much playing about with pads polish combos i was getting great results with menzerna pf 2300 on a menz yellow pad. The carbon fibre was polished with menz po 106 fa on a 3m yellow pad very cautiously and i found after just one pass i was getting the desired result tbh theres 2 schools of thought in treating carbon fibre in one camp there are the use only glazes to fill the swirls or the other camp that say using the usual compounds that you would use on bodywork will suffice unfortunately the carbon panels on this looked imo like they needed polishing. i think the previous owner had used brushes to wash it as there were some quite deep rids on her.no 50/50s i'm afraid due to the lighting.

drivers side front wing after

A couple of visible swirls above and below the big light in the pic and some hazing on the carbon which was rectified.

rear quarter before

after

carbon fibre after ....
the problems i had were with bits dropping from the roof moss mainly onto the car so i had to be REALLY careful in the end i put a cover over the car from the rafters as it was too risky ....then the owner came back with the keys to move it to a safe area...

then i refined it all with menzerna po 106 fa on the 3m yellow pad and it finished down nicely ..
Gtechniq c1 an silo seal x2 applied then
time to do the bits an bobs like glass

finished pics all told nearly 12 hours spent on this beauty, plastics Gtechniq c4 wheels c5 and glass g1,a friend of the client popped in and wanted the same to be done to two of his cars but 1 is a very special car that is on my all time fave list an will be a first for G3 valeting this is booked in for a few weeks time so keep an eye out....

like i say apologies for the pics but conditions were far from perfect....

anyways thanks for looking ...
G3 Valeting
We are a Fully Insured Professional mobile Car Detailing and Mobile Car Valeting business operating throughout Dorset and surrounding areas.
Mitchell and King approved Detailers

Professional Car Detailing and Car Valeting in these areas-Dorchester-Yeovil-Sherborne-Shaftesbury-Salisbury-Bridport-Crewkerne-Blandford Forum-Middlemarsh-Wareham-Wimborne-Cerne abbas-Weymouth-Dorset-Devon-Cornwall
G3Valeting Twitter
G3Valeting facebook
G3Valeting Ukcvd
G3Valeting google + page
Classic Car Detailing
Convertible Roof Cleaning Services
G3valeting
UKDNV Supporter

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: G3 valeting -Audi R8 Gtechniq protection detail.

Postby Big Stig » Sat May 11, 2013 11:04 pm

Little sports car? :lol:

Looking fantastic now Gary, great work
Some say he wees tar & glue remover, and that his poo is actually leather feed....all we know is he's the Stig's overweight cousin
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UK Detailers & Valeters - The friendly community for professional valeters and detailing enthusiasts.

Follow UK Detailers & Valeters UK Detailers & Valeters - The friendly community for professional valeters and detailing enthusiasts.

Follow UK Detailers & Valeters on Google+

Follow UK Detailers & Valeters on Twitter @UKDNV

Join Our UK Detailers & Valeters Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/UkDetailersValeters
Big Stig
Site Admin

Postby Spic & Spanners Valeting » Sun May 12, 2013 6:48 am

And I'm spent....

Well done Gary. Looks Mega.

I did a driving experience in a R8 a few years ago..... Now I want to go again.
Spic & Spanners Valeting
UKDNV Supporter

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby mike » Sun May 12, 2013 10:03 am

Great work as usual Garry
mike

Postby Admin » Sun May 12, 2013 10:17 am

you can just make out the swirls in the pics if you stand on one leg with your laptop tilted at 45 degrees
:lol: :lol:

Nice one Gary, stunning job and car 8-)

Mr Suds

Social Media
- Join Our Facebook Page - @UKDNV - UK Detailers & Valeters - Google + - UK Detailers & Valeters - YouTube Channel

Be Part Of UKDNV
- UKDNV Sponsorship Package - Traders Section Package - Section Sponsorship
If you would like to advertise on this forum as a trader selling car care, detailing and valeting products, please get in touch before posting, as your posts, signature and website links will be removed if no payment has been prior to doing so.

Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby G3valeting » Sun May 12, 2013 10:23 am

Thanks guys ...
G3 Valeting
We are a Fully Insured Professional mobile Car Detailing and Mobile Car Valeting business operating throughout Dorset and surrounding areas.
Mitchell and King approved Detailers

Professional Car Detailing and Car Valeting in these areas-Dorchester-Yeovil-Sherborne-Shaftesbury-Salisbury-Bridport-Crewkerne-Blandford Forum-Middlemarsh-Wareham-Wimborne-Cerne abbas-Weymouth-Dorset-Devon-Cornwall
G3Valeting Twitter
G3Valeting facebook
G3Valeting Ukcvd
G3Valeting google + page
Classic Car Detailing
Convertible Roof Cleaning Services
G3valeting
UKDNV Supporter

Postby Shine My Ride » Sun May 12, 2013 10:44 am

Right admin, we need a DROOLING smiley.

That is absolutely gorgeous Gary.

Even in that light it looks amazing

Definitely officially jealous

Chris
Shine My Ride
UKDNV Supporter

Postby DMD Detailing » Sun May 12, 2013 1:09 pm

8-) Nice one bud, great to here that you got some other work/cars out of it aswell

Dave
DMD Detailing

DMD Detailing - offer professional vehicle detailing services these include Paint Correction, KubeBond NanoX Ceramic Paint Protection, KubeBond Diamond 9H Ceramic Paint Protection, ECO Shield Ceramic Paint Protection, New Car Paint Protection Service, Ceramic Paint Protection.

Follow On Twitter @DMD_Detailing
Find us on Facebook
YouTube Channel
About Me Listing
Pinterest
Ceramic Coatings
DMD Mobile Car Mobile Services -Google +
UKDNV Member
Quantum Of Solace Aston Martin DBS
Ceramic Paint Protection
New Car Protection
Portfolio

DMD Detailing offer professional car detailing services these include New Car Protection Houston - New Car Protection Glasgow - New Car Protection Greenock - New Car Protection Inverclyde - New Car Protection Paisley - New Car Protection Renfrewshire - Car Detailing Renfrew - Car Detailing Glasgow - Car Detailing Greenock - Car Detailing Inverclyde - Car Detailing Paisley - Car Detailing Renfrewshire - Paint Correction Renfrew - Paint Correction Glasgow - Paint Correction Greenock - Paint Correction Inverclyde - Paint Correction Package - Paint Correction Paisley - Paint Correction Renfrewshire - Ceramic Paint Protection Renfrew - Ceramic Paint Protection Glasgow - Ceramic Paint Protection Greenock - Ceramic Paint Protection Inverclyde - Ceramic Paint Protection Package - Ceramic Paint Protection Paisley - Ceramic Paint Protection Renfrewshire - Ceramic Coating Renfrew - Ceramic Coating Glasgow - Ceramic Coating Greenock - Ceramic Coating Inverclyde - Ceramic Coating Package - Ceramic Coating Paisley - Ceramic Coating Renfrewshire
DMD Detailing
UKDNV Supporter

Location: DMD Detailing, 29 ALWYN AVENUE HOUSTON JOHNSTONE RENFREWSHIRE PA6 7LH UK
Blog: View Blog (16)

Return to Write Ups