Moderator Control Panel ]

Caravan awnings...

Worried about asking a question or do you need some advice about a product or something related to valeting or detailing?
No problem on UK Detailers & Valeters, ask away we're a friendly forum and you don't have to be afraid to ask, we're all here to help out each other.

Caravan awnings...

Postby kev1789 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:14 am

Hi guys,

I have been asked to clean and re seal a caravan awning, It has been put away whilst wet so It has mould on it. Now Im well aware that mould is pretty much impossible to remove but I was wondering is there is any specific techniques anyone has picked up to tackle this situation?

Would a convirtable/cabrio cleaner and sealer work on the awning with them both being a similar material?
Would steam cleaning be the way to go?
What chemical for the sealing stage?

Cheers

Regards.
Kev.
kev1789

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Caravan awnings...

Postby MP Valeting Bridgend » Tue May 28, 2013 8:07 pm

I've done quite a few caravan awnings, I have a contract for a caravan/motorhome reseller. I use G101 for cleaning, used with a stiff sponge and rinsed with an open hose. For waterproofing, something like http://www.fabsil.com/fabric/fabsil-liquid/ will be up to the job.
MP Valeting offer a high quality mobile car valeting service in Bridgend, Porthcawl, Neath, Port Talbot and Cowbridge.

Valeting at home or work. Mini to full valets. Fully mobile with own power and water.

@mpvaleting

Like MP Valeting Bridgend On Facebook
MP Valeting Bridgend
UKDNV Supporter

Postby kev1789 » Tue May 28, 2013 10:42 pm

Thanks for that, I will look into those products. Will the g101 move the mould?

Cheers
kev1789

Postby MP Valeting Bridgend » Wed May 29, 2013 6:48 pm

It should do, may take a bit of scrubbing.
MP Valeting offer a high quality mobile car valeting service in Bridgend, Porthcawl, Neath, Port Talbot and Cowbridge.

Valeting at home or work. Mini to full valets. Fully mobile with own power and water.

@mpvaleting

Like MP Valeting Bridgend On Facebook
MP Valeting Bridgend
UKDNV Supporter

Postby Mirror-Finish Automotive » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:00 pm

G101 should remove the mould as others have said. U might just have to play with your dilution ratios to get the best results. Fabsil is a great product for re water proofing.
Miror-Finish Automotive Valeting & Detailing

Fully Insured Mobile Valeting & Detailing Service Covering the follwoing area's Birmingham,Solihull, Wolverhampton, Telford, Dudley, Oldbury, West Bromwich, Walsall, Coventry, Kenilworth, Stratford Upon Avon, Stoke-On-Trent, Warwichshire and the West Midlands, Nationally on Request.

I cater for the following: Cars, Classic Cars, Vans, Motorcycles, 4x4's, Touring Caravans, Boats, Static Caravans & Motorhomes

All aspects of Valeting, Detailing, Paint Correction, Show Preperation, Pre Sale Preperation, Wedding Car Preperation etc.

Dodo Dodo Juice Authiorised Detailer. I use products from all the major manufacturers.

07929 017398
http://www.Mirror-Finishdetailing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mirror.finishdetailing@yahoo.co.uk
Twitter: @MFinishdetail
Facebook: Mirror-Finish Automotive
Mirror-Finish Automotive
UKDNV Supporter

Return to Looking For Some Advice Or Need Help!