Moderator Control Panel ]

Jaguar XF - Full Valet near Wellington, Somerset

Show off your valeting and detailing work. Sponsored by www.ceramicpaintprotection.co.uk

Jaguar XF - Full Valet near Wellington, Somerset

Postby Shine My Ride » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:22 pm

This was a full valet that Shine My Ride carried out near Wellington, Somerset. I ended up doing a bit more on the exterior than I would normally do, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

So this is a 59-plate Jaguar XF that they wanted a full valet on. The client is an accountant, and uses this car when visiting clients etc, so was feeling that it ought to be looking a bit better than it does.

So this is the car that greeted me on arrival:

So the first job was to get the thing clean. Nooks and crannies dealt with using APC and detailing brishes. So after a rinsedown, an APC pre-soak, rinsed again, and then washed with an online supplier Autoshine and a washmitt etc. Significant tar contamination was removed with an online supplier Tar & Glue Remover. Wheels cleaned with an online supplier Brite Clean.

Once it was clean, the amount of hedgerow scratching was then apparent. To be fair these pictures don't show how much scratching there was:

And significant swirling in the sunlight:

So it was out with the DA and a Green Hex pad, and a combination of Menz PO203S and FG400, giving this before and after on the bootlid:

Bearing in mind this was 'only' a valet, the whole car was polished, and then a going over by hand with some Klasse AIO. This was a little frustrating, as there was massive dust issues from this :shock: :
Yes a building site started a few days before :roll:

Sooooo once this was eventually completed, tyres were dressed with an online supplier Long Life Rubber Dressing, trim dressed with Concept Vista.

Interior was fully valeted too.

So some afters:

And just for comparison:

Thanks for making it this far, assuming you have of course

Chris
Shine My Ride
UKDNV Supporter

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Jaguar XF - Full Valet near Wellington, Somerset

Postby Admin » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:28 pm

Looks great Chris, some nice before and after pics :D

Mr Suds

Social Media
- Join Our Facebook Page - @UKDNV - UK Detailers & Valeters - Google + - UK Detailers & Valeters - YouTube Channel

Be Part Of UKDNV
- UKDNV Sponsorship Package - Traders Section Package - Section Sponsorship
If you would like to advertise on this forum as a trader selling car care, detailing and valeting products, please get in touch before posting, as your posts, signature and website links will be removed if no payment has been prior to doing so.

Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Shine My Ride » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:29 pm

Mr Suds wrote:Looks great Chris, some nice before and after pics :D

Mr Suds

Thanks Mr Suds.

Trying to sort out a new camera as we speak, the phone one is OK, but know my pics could look better.

Thanks
Chris
Shine My Ride
UKDNV Supporter

Postby High Definition Detailing » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:43 am

Great work Chris - not the best colour for the XF imo
Car Detailing | Paint Correction | Swirl Mark Removal | Machine Polishing | New Car Protection | Ceramic Coatings | Ceramic Paint Protection
High Definition Detailing
UKDNV Supporter

Return to Write Ups