Moderator Control Panel ]

Golf GTi In Stunning Met Blue

Show off your valeting and detailing work. Sponsored by www.ceramicpaintprotection.co.uk

Golf GTi In Stunning Met Blue

Postby Mirror-Finish Automotive » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi All its been a busy few weeks for Mirror-Finish. finally got 5 minutes spare to do a little write up.

This VW Golf is for one of my existing customers, he had neglected it slightly by not washing it for about a year it had lots of dirt and Grime as well as tons of contamination, tree sap etc. my only instruction was to make it look like new! easier said than done. I had a timescale of 4.5hrs to complete this beast of a car.

Started off with the wheels using Autosmart Smart Wheels quick spray left to dwell for a second or two then agitated with a soft detailing brush. the callipers got a good seeing to as well. they both came up really well.

Moved onto the first of 3 wash cycles. ( sound like a hotpoint machine now) pre sprayed the car with AS hazsafe to loosen the grime a little quick rinse off and on to the snowfoam using AS Actimouse I gave the car a good covering using a neat solution to really hit the dirt hard. left it to dwell for around 5/6 mins watched with Joy to see the grime just running off the paint. quick rinse with the power washer, then went round the whole car with AS Duet and a Lambs wool mitt. the car was looking pretty good. arches were cleaned with a soft brush and rinsed.

Onto the decontamination stage. gave the car including the wheels a good seeing to with AS fallout remover left the stuff to dwell for 5 mins and rinsed off. Tree sap was gone so I dried the car quickly and applied AS Tardis to remove a fair bit of tar from the body work as you can imagine it had built up over the year. it needed a helping hand so I went round the car with a MF to remove the stubborn tar. quick rinse and onto the final stage, I used AS fine Clay on the whole car using Demon shine as my lubricant works a treat. as you can imagine there was some contamination on the clay but nothing major. washed the car again with Duet and AS Aquawax applied, rinsed and dried the car.

onto the single stage Machine Polish,Masked the car up and broke out my trusty DA to carry out this work with AS Evo 1 on a Chemical guys Hexlogic white pad. I find this combo works really well. It was a pretty hot day so I had to keep spritzing the pads with water to stop it drying out to quickly.

On to the final wash cycle now quick going over with Duet to remove and polish residue and powdery bits.
Dired the car with a super fluffy MF towel.

Onto the finishing touches. AS finishing Glaze was applied followed by AS Wax. tyres were treated to AS Highstyle and wheels were treated to a quick polish with Tango works great on gloss wheels. arches were finished with AS finish. Windows were polished with Glass Glow.

Interior was scrubbed and cleaned using AS products. Leather seats were treated to some leather supplement, this stuff smells great.

All in all this one came out great. the customer is a pro photographer so he sent me over some great shots.

Hope you guys enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed detailing this beast.

Cheers
Loz
Attachments
Golf%201.jpg
Golf%201.jpg (91.55 KiB) Viewed 2422 times
Golf%203.jpg
Golf%203.jpg (69.22 KiB) Viewed 2422 times
Golf.jpg
Golf.jpg (73.95 KiB) Viewed 2422 times
Miror-Finish Automotive Valeting & Detailing

Fully Insured Mobile Valeting & Detailing Service Covering the follwoing area's Birmingham,Solihull, Wolverhampton, Telford, Dudley, Oldbury, West Bromwich, Walsall, Coventry, Kenilworth, Stratford Upon Avon, Stoke-On-Trent, Warwichshire and the West Midlands, Nationally on Request.

I cater for the following: Cars, Classic Cars, Vans, Motorcycles, 4x4's, Touring Caravans, Boats, Static Caravans & Motorhomes

All aspects of Valeting, Detailing, Paint Correction, Show Preperation, Pre Sale Preperation, Wedding Car Preperation etc.

Dodo Dodo Juice Authiorised Detailer. I use products from all the major manufacturers.

07929 017398
http://www.Mirror-Finishdetailing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mirror.finishdetailing@yahoo.co.uk
Twitter: @MFinishdetail
Facebook: Mirror-Finish Automotive
Mirror-Finish Automotive
UKDNV Supporter

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Golf GTi In Stunning Met Blue

Postby Shine My Ride » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:57 pm

Nice work on the Golf mate.

I see you are trying the odd AS product here and there then :lol:

Chris
Shine My Ride
UKDNV Supporter

Postby Spic & Spanners Valeting » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:16 am

Sweeeet.

8-)
Spic & Spanners Valeting
UKDNV Supporter

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby G3valeting » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:38 pm

good bit of work their mate top job.
G3 Valeting
We are a Fully Insured Professional mobile Car Detailing and Mobile Car Valeting business operating throughout Dorset and surrounding areas.
Mitchell and King approved Detailers

Professional Car Detailing and Car Valeting in these areas-Dorchester-Yeovil-Sherborne-Shaftesbury-Salisbury-Bridport-Crewkerne-Blandford Forum-Middlemarsh-Wareham-Wimborne-Cerne abbas-Weymouth-Dorset-Devon-Cornwall
G3Valeting Twitter
G3Valeting facebook
G3Valeting Ukcvd
G3Valeting google + page
Classic Car Detailing
Convertible Roof Cleaning Services
G3valeting
UKDNV Supporter

Postby Mirror-Finish Automotive » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:20 am

Shine My Ride wrote:Nice work on the Golf mate.

I see you are trying the odd AS product here and there then :lol:

Chris

I do like to use a AS product every now and again lol.
Miror-Finish Automotive Valeting & Detailing

Fully Insured Mobile Valeting & Detailing Service Covering the follwoing area's Birmingham,Solihull, Wolverhampton, Telford, Dudley, Oldbury, West Bromwich, Walsall, Coventry, Kenilworth, Stratford Upon Avon, Stoke-On-Trent, Warwichshire and the West Midlands, Nationally on Request.

I cater for the following: Cars, Classic Cars, Vans, Motorcycles, 4x4's, Touring Caravans, Boats, Static Caravans & Motorhomes

All aspects of Valeting, Detailing, Paint Correction, Show Preperation, Pre Sale Preperation, Wedding Car Preperation etc.

Dodo Dodo Juice Authiorised Detailer. I use products from all the major manufacturers.

07929 017398
http://www.Mirror-Finishdetailing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mirror.finishdetailing@yahoo.co.uk
Twitter: @MFinishdetail
Facebook: Mirror-Finish Automotive
Mirror-Finish Automotive
UKDNV Supporter

Return to Write Ups