Moderator Control Panel ]

New Car Protection

Sponsored By www.dmddetailing.co.uk

New Car Protection

Postby GoodwinCarDetailing » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:01 pm

Hi

Today I took a call for a New Car Protection on an Audi A1. The caller said she had read a lot of bad reviews about the services which dealers offer so decided to look else where and found me. I quoted and then she told me the dealer had given her a price of £495 lol!!! :lol:

All booked in. A few hours later she calls me back. Audi have cut their price, but still more than me. Plus PROMISED the Auto Glym Life Shine, would last the life time of the car and that their valeters are all trained and are sent on a course every year. Plus more convenient.

Luckily I had everything in stock so didnt need to place an order. Otherwise I would of been out of pocket. Tempted to ask for a deposit over the phone in the future. I have a card reader.

Anyway, how are we as small businesses persuade the general public that what the dealers try to sell and promise to last is a far inferior product and doesn't last??
GoodwinCarDetailing
UKDNV Supporter

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: New Car Protection

Postby G3valeting » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:33 pm

Pretty much like everyone else mate just tell them that the stealers are offering a product that you the customer need to maintain.. Have to apply srp routinely whats that all about? i've had lifeshine systems fail on me less than 6 months old, the newer systems last longer ,less maintenance and are partially self cleaning if applied correctly ... But basically it's down to your patter...
G3 Valeting
We are a Fully Insured Professional mobile Car Detailing and Mobile Car Valeting business operating throughout Dorset and surrounding areas.
Mitchell and King approved Detailers

Professional Car Detailing and Car Valeting in these areas-Dorchester-Yeovil-Sherborne-Shaftesbury-Salisbury-Bridport-Crewkerne-Blandford Forum-Middlemarsh-Wareham-Wimborne-Cerne abbas-Weymouth-Dorset-Devon-Cornwall
G3Valeting Twitter
G3Valeting facebook
G3Valeting Ukcvd
G3Valeting google + page
Classic Car Detailing
Convertible Roof Cleaning Services
G3valeting
UKDNV Supporter

Postby Spic & Spanners Valeting » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:54 am

As Garry said, its mainly your patter. The products they use are miss sold and have been left miles behind newer coatings that don't require special after care or top ups. I admit I haven't done many of these type of jobs, but I do have quite a few customers who will, when the get a new car. The best way to convince them is by introduce yourself as the person who will be doing the service on their car. Will they know the name of the chap at the dealers??
I tend to do for the personal approach with all enquires, and always make a note of their name, and use it as much as possible within the conversation.
Spic & Spanners Valeting
UKDNV Supporter

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby GoodwinCarDetailing » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:50 pm

Good idea to visit the customer, if they are within a reasonable distance. If the customer is ok with you popping round to explain everything!
GoodwinCarDetailing
UKDNV Supporter

Return to General Chat About Detailing, Valeting & Car Care