Moderator Control Panel ]

Which Wheel Product??

Whether it be a acid wheel cleaner, non acid wheel cleaner or exterior trim question, discuss it in this forum. Section Sponsored By www.dmddetailing.com

Which Wheel Product??

Postby GoodwinCarDetailing » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:37 pm

Hi,

Before I make my next order in the next few days, I thought i'd see what other people are using.

I currently use ValetPro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner 5l usually around £25 before discounts. I do find it very good except on some really cooked on brake dust etc.

What do you guys use, I don't really want to go down the road of acid based cleaners. The only reason I ask is the price! (otherwise happy with the cleaner) I'm sure there is something else just as good in a 5l form

cheers for any help!
GoodwinCarDetailing
UKDNV Supporter

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Which Wheel Product??

Postby Divine Detail » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:38 pm

I have been using the new sonax wheel cleaner, pretty pricey compared to some of the others but by far and away the best wheel cleaner I have used, contains an iron particle remover too.
Divine Detail

Postby GoodwinCarDetailing » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:18 pm

I've never used an online supplier products but it seems like quiet a few people on here does so I'll think I'll give this one a go and see how it compares. Cant go wrong for £7
GoodwinCarDetailing
UKDNV Supporter

Postby PiP » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:33 am

I would agree that there is no need to spend a fortune on a general purpose wheel cleaner, although a good detailer/valeter will always have a bleeding wheel cleaner type available when a finish is sensitive.

If you are avoiding acid wheel cleaners because of their aggression and potential ill effects, you should take care with non-acid types too. Non-acid products can sometimes be highly caustic and the ingredient giving rise to the alkalinity/caustic nature/high cleaning power is actually every bit as nasty as the acids you are avoiding. So if you are going non-acid because you want a safer, milder product, try to go with a product which is free from caustic hydroxide ingredients - your supplier should be able to tell you and a good rule of thumb would be that, if it has a corrosive symbol on the label, it will be caustic based (oh and, of course, if it has any hazard symbol, the supplier must make the MSDS available, and you can check whether it has hydroxide using that).
PiP

Postby kev1789 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:34 pm

I use an online supplier wheel cleaner. It does exactly what it says on the tin! I will be ordering it again.
kev1789

Postby Remyroc Detailing » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:52 am

Very impressed with both Car-Chem's Revolt and normal wheel cleaners. Better than Billberry in my opinion...
www.remyrocdetailing.co.uk
Mobile Detailing across Lancashire and beyond
Remyroc Detailing

Return to Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim