Moderator Control Panel ]

Photo Editing

If your just starting up a valeting or detailing business, or your just looking for some fresh marketing ideas to bring more profit or attract more customers to your business, the Marketing Section is the place ask and discuss your ideas. Section sponsored by SEO Polaris Website Solutions, Affordable SEO Services That Rank Your Website Higher On Google. www.seopolariswebsitesolutions.co.uk

Photo Editing

Postby Spic & Spanners Valeting » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:57 am

Yeay or nay?

I'm on the fence. I took a photo after finishing a job yesterday because I thought the car looked good. However the pic didn't show this so I used some basic windows editing tools to make it look better.

I understand the moral implications of using enhanced photos to promote ourselves, but are we really hurting anyone?

Before edit

After edit

Spic & Spanners Valeting
UKDNV Supporter

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Photo Editing

Postby spandau-valet » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:45 pm

I think theres nothing wrong with giving them a little tweek , Especially during the more overcast winter months when conditions and lighting don't do any favours .
That guy in Greece always used to post up stunning photos of his work but could you say that by using studio lighting and expensive cameras was maybe the same as us doing it on the computer?

I broke my nice but old smart phone last nov and had to buy a budget £50 special to get me by , but it only has a basic 2mp camera and its stopping me posting photos as they don't look 'special enough'.
http://www.spandauvalet.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Mobile Car valeting and cleaning Penzance st ives helston hayle truro cornwall

facebook spandau-valet

twitter spandauvalet
spandau-valet

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Spic & Spanners Valeting » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:34 am

Good point about the camera. I remember back in the day when I would go on the other forum, I would see fantastic photos by polished bliss. However bouncing the lighting off the walls to create epic reflections and using £££s worth of DSLR cameras on tripods doesn't give a true representation of how the car would look in the real world either.

Sent from www.spicandspanners.co.uk using Tapatalk
Spic & Spanners Valeting
UKDNV Supporter

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Shine My Ride » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:26 am

Hmmm interesting one this. I don't edit at the moment. That said, I agree that there are some shots that don't look as good as the car did in the flesh. Things like the HDR setting on phone cameras can help. I have a bridge camera as opposed to a full-blown digital SLR.

Photography tricks are a different ball game. It concerns me when certain detailers that offer training courses include these lighting tricks etc.
Shine My Ride
UKDNV Supporter

Postby G3valeting » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:52 pm

Just noticed this post , i have noticed that more and more are adding a special something to photo's these days whilst i am not against this practise it does raise a few ethical questions with regards to showcasing true work. It's a bit like diving in football some will openly do it and are blasé about the whole thing but some see it as the devil incarnate , i agree with mark in as far on totally dull grey lifeless days the odd tweek wouldn't hurt #nofilters lol

Www.g3valeting.co.uk
G3 Valeting
We are a Fully Insured Professional mobile Car Detailing and Mobile Car Valeting business operating throughout Dorset and surrounding areas.
Mitchell and King approved Detailers

Professional Car Detailing and Car Valeting in these areas-Dorchester-Yeovil-Sherborne-Shaftesbury-Salisbury-Bridport-Crewkerne-Blandford Forum-Middlemarsh-Wareham-Wimborne-Cerne abbas-Weymouth-Dorset-Devon-Cornwall
G3Valeting Twitter
G3Valeting facebook
G3Valeting Ukcvd
G3Valeting google + page
Classic Car Detailing
Convertible Roof Cleaning Services
G3valeting
UKDNV Supporter

Postby Ultra Detail » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:46 am

If some one wants to enhance there photo's then go for it, to get a perfect photo every time you need a lot of expensive equipment,
i just make do with a selection of pic taken with the camera on my phone, then i'll select the best or scrap the lot, i'll only edit to cover
number plates.
Ultra Detail

Postby icleananycar » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:03 pm

DSLR + a little bit of extra exposure = the best reflections
Unfortunatley I neither have a DSLR or the time to faff around:(
Just add an extra 10-15% exposure so the pic still looks natural but you end up with lovely, but enhanced, reflections.
Brighton Mobile Car Valeting and Detailing
icleananycar

Postby Diablo Detail » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:47 am

I personally use two cameras on jobs usually.
my phone (Nexus 5 for anyone interested)
and a samsung bridge camera

now the phone pretty much makes cars look really good without any editing if the sun is out but as soon as its a little overcast the quality is reduced
The bridge camera has high quality everytime but the images are very dull and colours are not very vibrant, so sometimes i will give a quick edit to the contrast to just bring out the colours a bit more.
I cant stand pictures that are heavily edited and try to keep them as close to real life as possible.

Mobile Car Valeting in Norfolk from Diablo Detail
Diablo Detail
UKDNV Supporter

Return to Marketing Your Car Valeting & Detailing Business