Moderator Control Panel ]

Marketing spending

If your just starting up a valeting or detailing business, or your just looking for some fresh marketing ideas to bring more profit or attract more customers to your business, the Marketing Section is the place ask and discuss your ideas. Section sponsored by SEO Polaris Website Solutions, Affordable SEO Services That Rank Your Website Higher On Google. www.seopolariswebsitesolutions.co.uk

Marketing spending

Postby G3valeting » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:54 pm

How are we all promoting our businesses peoples ? By this i mean what are everyones outlay on advertising per month and which seems to work best for people ? Magazines papers google adwords websites flyers what method works best for you?

For me i rely solely on internet marketing ie website,ukdnv and ukcvd and a sign written van and wom which works for me, its minimum outlay if i am honest which means more money for the mrs .... i mean business.. cough , to spend on products and luxury yachts well a 3 man inflatable dinghy from argos ... but joking aside i see this as the most important asset to any business ( no not the dinghy) just asking the ? Really .
G3 Valeting
We are a Fully Insured Professional mobile Car Detailing and Mobile Car Valeting business operating throughout Dorset and surrounding areas.
Mitchell and King approved Detailers

Professional Car Detailing and Car Valeting in these areas-Dorchester-Yeovil-Sherborne-Shaftesbury-Salisbury-Bridport-Crewkerne-Blandford Forum-Middlemarsh-Wareham-Wimborne-Cerne abbas-Weymouth-Dorset-Devon-Cornwall
G3Valeting Twitter
G3Valeting facebook
G3Valeting Ukcvd
G3Valeting google + page
Classic Car Detailing
Convertible Roof Cleaning Services
G3valeting
UKDNV Supporter

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Marketing spending

Postby Spic & Spanners Valeting » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:28 am

Same as you really Gary. No sign writing on the van though. We have a little magazine that goes out to every house in about a 15 mile radius of me that is just full of local business adverts which I have a small add in. This is only £30 p/m and find it ok to target the computer illiterate older generation.
I have tried paid adverts on Facebook, £5 gets you around 2500 views and quite a few click throughs to your site, but not much else I've found.

Sent from www.spicandspanners.co.uk using Tapatalk
Spic & Spanners Valeting
UKDNV Supporter

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby LC Auto Clean » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:22 am

For me it's my website which I use Google Adwords to promote which is very affective. I also use a variety of social media, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, LinnkedIn ect.

Also UK Valeters & Detailers as our very own David is a whizz at SEO, also PVD which gets magazine coverage, had a fair few from that now. I get quite a bit of work through Facebook, sharing my page on other local pages on there really works. Just need to put the time and effort in to make it work.
LC Auto Clean Mobile Valeting - Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire & Bedfordshire

Dodo Authorised Detailer - Pro Valets Approved Detailer - Liquid Elements Stage 1 Licenced

Valeting at your home or place of work - Fully insured - Own on board power & water - Discounts for multiple vehicle valets

Mini to Full Valets - Interior Valet - Paint Enhancement & Correction - Engine Bay Valets - Odour Removal - Glass Treatment - New Car Protection

LC Auto Clean's Website

LC Auto Clean's Facebook Page

LC Auto Clean's Twitter Page

LC Auto Clean's Google + Page

LC Auto Clean's Photobucket Slide Show

UK Car Valeting Directory Pro Listing Pages - Milton Keynes - Buckinghamshire - Bletchley - Northampton - Bedfordshire - Northamptonshire

Pro Valets Approved - Northampton - Milton Keynes
LC Auto Clean
UKDNV Supporter

Postby Kleen Machine » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:30 am

Nearly all Internet now and giving our cards to most people I meet in business and social. Also if you get time and Arr mobile try dropping a few cars or fliers into houses around where you have done a job. If you don't have time while there pop back later and drop a few into neighbours that's worked for me in the past.
Thanks for looking
Tony
Kleen Machine is a mobile car valeting & detailing company based in Cheltenham.
We work throughout Gloucestershire and the Cotswolds Area area, including Cheltenham , Gloucestershire , Tewkesbury, Stroud, Berkeley and Cirencester, Charlton Kings , Winchombe , Battledown , Cleeve Hill , Birdlip , Cranham , Churchdown , Painswick , Hatherley , Shurdington , Bishops Cleeve , Bath Road Cheltenham , Lechampton , Bredon
We are available 7 days a week, all year round, working in all weather.
Kleen Machine consists of a fully equipped mobile unit, able to come to your home or place of work. We offer a wide range of valeting and detailing services ranging from a simple exterior wash to a complete make-over of your vehicle. See the full listings of our services and on our Detailing Valets and we also do Paint Correction New Car Protection , Regular Detailing and Valeting Packages , Ceramic Coatings Cheltenham Full Executive Valets Have a look at our Regular Blog and write up Page
Ceramic Paint Protection Gloucestershire
Additional Services pages. We also have a number of Luxury Detailing Extra`s.

Also listed on The Uk Car Valeting Directory Pro Listing http://www.mobile-valeting-car-detailing.co.uk/car-detailing-service-near-me.html
Kleen Machine

Postby icleananycar » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:52 pm

I have internet stuff...website, google ads and facebook. I had the van sign written a couple of months ago, at a few hundred quid cost, but I think its helping. It seems to make it easier for passers by to stop and chat if you are next to a marked van. Pre sign writing nobody would stop on speak but now I hand out at least a couple of flyers every job.
Brighton Mobile Car Valeting and Detailing
icleananycar

Postby Shine My Ride » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:22 am

icleananycar wrote:I had the van sign written a couple of months ago, at a few hundred quid cost, but I think its helping. It seems to make it easier for passers by to stop and chat if you are next to a marked van. Pre sign writing nobody would stop on speak but now I hand out at least a couple of flyers every job.

Don't EVER underestimate the power of a signwritten van. I've lost count of the number of people that have phoned and said "I saw your van on such-and-such road"

Obviously I have a UKCVD listing, which Mr Ninja McDevitt works very hard with. Yes I have FB, Twitter and G+ accounts. I have three websites that do quite well on Google. I don't do any paid advertising though. I would like to do some of these local village mags, but I'm not overly happy with the style of advert they do.
Mobile Car Valeting in Somerset from Shine My Ride
Covering Bridgwater, Taunton, Wellington, Burnham-On-Sea, Langport, Glastonbury, Street, Cheddar, Minehead, Weston-Super-Mare etc
Full Valets, Interior Only Valets, Exterior Only Valets, Pre-sale Valeting, New Car Protection, Winter Protection Valeting, Motorhome Valeting, Caravan Valeting etc
Shine My Ride on Google+ Shine My Ride on Facebook @shinemyrideuk on Twitter
Shine My Ride are listed on the UK Car Valeting & Car Detailing Directory
Shine My Ride
UKDNV Supporter

Postby Diablo Detail » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:08 am

this has prooved interesting reading as I have done very little in the way of marketing as all of my business was word of mouth whilst doing it on the side of my full time job and when I went full time November 2014 I had enough work to get by, but who wants to just get by so over the last few months i have designed a website, got listed on some directories such as yell, bing, cyclex etc and the social media pages etc.
I have handed out around 500 leaflets so far and had maybe two calls from them.
by far the most effective way i have found is facebook i have maybe 15 local pages that i post an advert on 1-2 times a week( i find not posting every day keeps admin off your back so they dont ban you from the group or delete your post)
I am going to be trialling facebook ads and google adwords and will probably pop back here and let you guys know how it went.

Mobile Car Valeting in Norfolk from Diablo Detail
Diablo Detail
UKDNV Supporter

Postby icleananycar » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:55 pm

Apart from the Google search for my website the only paid for advertising is Google Adwords. I spend about £25 a month on it but makes sure I'm near the top of the page when peeps search for valeting. I have set up Bing Ad thingy but nobody seems to use it as I've spent a massive £5 over the last 2 months.
Brighton Mobile Car Valeting and Detailing
icleananycar

Return to Marketing Your Car Valeting & Detailing Business